|December 15th, 2017||Deadline for online submission of abstracts proposals|
|January 22nd, 2018||Deadline for decision and selection of papers|
|February 22nd, 2018||Deadline for submitting complete papers|
|February 28th, 2018||Deadline for authors registration|
In collaboration with the EAC Regional Center of Excellence in Biomedical Engineering and e-Health (CEBE), of the University of Rwanda, and the EAC Secretariat, the East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO) is organizing the “Second East African Community Regional E-Health & Telemedicine Workshop, Ministerial Conference and Trade Exhibition”, in Kigali, Rwanda, from 15th to 18th May 2018.
The Regional e-Health and Telemedicine Workshop will be held on 15th and 16th May 2018, and the Ministerial Conference on e-Health and Telemedicine is planned for the 17th May 2018.
The Workshop will provide a platform for dialogue between public and private sector decision makers, scientific researchers, professionals and practitioners, on technology solutions that will enable the improvement of healthcare infrastructure and delivery through the use of ICTs.
This three-day Conference will feature parallel-sessions based on invited and contributed papers and research presentations. These will be complemented by plenary sessions with keynote speeches by renowned speakers from academia, industry and development practice, panel discussions, and debates.
The overall theme of the Conference will be:
Thematic areas and subthemes considered in the Workshop and the Ministerial Conference will cover, but not be limited to, the following:
Theme 1: Policy and Regulatory Frameworks for e-Health and telemedicine
Presentations will be made by Ministries responsible for Health, ICT and Education, e-health and telemedicine practitioners and competent national regulatory agencies will enrich discussions on the following subthemes:
- Experiences in Implementing National ICT/e-Health Policies and Strategies;
- Regulations and standards for e-Health products;
- Role of e-Health initiatives to accelerate achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
Theme 2: Technology & innovation in strengthening EAC Partner States’ Infrastructure and e-readiness for improved healthcare delivery
Under this theme, STI stakeholders including National Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Private Sector, investors and practitioners are expected to discuss on the following:
- Partner States’ Capacity- to develop and support e-Health technology and systems;
- ICT infrastructure for e-health and telemedicine;
- ICT enabled devices, tools and systems for health, incl. Mobile communications technologies
- Big data and medical/health informatics.
Theme 3: Sustainable Financing Models for e-Health and Telemedicine.
Under this theme, the Ministries of Health, Finance and Planning, and private sector will discuss on the following subthemes:
- Sustainable Financing models for e-Health systems, including Public-Private-Partnership;
- Meeting healthcare Demand through e-Health;
- Financial solutions for disadvantaged, remote and rural communities;
- ePayment for e-Health.
The e-Health and Telemedicine Workshop will come up with proceedings of scientific and professional papers.
INFORMATION ON SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
|This is a call for submission of abstracts, with deadline by December 15th, 2017, of no more than 500 words for a scientific or technical paper at the 2nd EAC Regional e-Health and Telemedicine Workshop.
Abstracts and papers should be sent to EASTECO at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Decision to be made by: January 22nd, 2018;
Final papers will be due by: February 22nd, 2018.
The papers will be compiled in a digital and hardcopy publication for the Workshop. With the abstract submission, the author confirms to send a Final Paper for the conference proceedings.
Proposals should present:
- Research results into any aspect of the aforementioned topics (from academia or industry).
- Practical results and technological solutions in e-Health and Telemedicine from industry and firms;
- Surveys papers addressing key problems and solutions on the above mentioned topics;
- Industrial trends, status, position and case studies.
If abstract is accepted, paper length will be no more than 6 pages (excluding references, tables and appendices).
* Paper must be written in English.
* Paper must be in the format of Microsoft Word (.doc). No other formats will be accepted.
* There is no limit of contributed submissions per corresponding author.
* An abstract is a single paragraph, without indentation, that summarizes the key points of the manuscript in few words. It should be written in Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. At the end should be indicated not more than 6 key words and the thematic theme to which your work correspond.
* Also include short biography of authors.
* Corrections to abstracts already submitted can only be made until the deadline: December 15th, 2017.
* The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by January 22nd, 2018.
Please note that in order to submit an abstract you have to prepare the following details:
- final abstract title (to be published)
- author's contact details and biography/CV
- presentation length
- intended audience